Thursday, August 7, 2008

bye bye MUZU

Hey all!!!
Loving it here as you all may have guessed. Today was the last day of ministry so it was a bit hard. Met with my Malawian family for the last time and it was a big event… totally full of God! Amy Lydia and I had donated a skirt and shirt to each of the girls in the family… mom and two daughters. Then for the dad I donated a shirt I got from church and the little man precious I gave a beanie baby, shorts and one of my bandanas. It was so cute because since my hair was cut so short before I left I have been wearing a bandana every day to keep my hair out of my face and I let precious wear it one day and my aviator glasses… he was totally BA. So I gave him my dark blue one and he put it on right away! The girls were so excited about their clothes and we got to give the family a Chichewa bible so momma was so thankful. We also wrote a note to the whole family and gave them rice, soap, finger nail clippers some first aid cream and a wash cloth. Then we wrote each family member a note that had their name and a verse of encouragement about somewhere we thought God was growing and changing them. Momma gave us a papaya in return and it was so good. Then we went to carry water back one last time and I got to carry the big metal pot! Woot a real Malawian! Momma laughed the whole way back! Then we did a bible study on the sermon on the mount. Lastly we washed dishes and cooked corn porage. This is one of the things I hate the most. When we have it here I never eat it. Its thick and… I don’t know gross. But momma served us each a large helping. Our Malawian intern ben had a hard time. But I did it much to the distaste of my belly and momma was so happy we all did!
We headed home and I took a nice long nap not looking forward to afternoon events… personal ministries. Being as my ministry was Muzu and we got kicked out and never allowed back I wasn’t going there. Well I also didn’t want to go to some other teams goodbye program and watch them all get to say goodbye
So instead two other muzu folks and I went to a soccer tourni. When that lost appeal we decided to walk home and here is how that went. This guy road up on a skate board and God taught us yet again how first impressions and looks mean nothing. He told us a bit of his story and it was super encouraging. Then we stopped at a gas station and got soda and chips and sat outside and ate them. Then the sun was getting lower and we cant be out past dark so we continued home. Found some police and got asked to be “friends” which means to marry them… one really wanted Lydia it was crazy! Then went futher to find another police blockade and that just led to a how are you and we quickly moved on. Then we had to walk through the middle of a bunch of guys blocking the path near the police…sketch you ask. Maybe. Then we continued on home and got picked up by our director. Kinda crazy. And what coulda been a really bad day where we just thought about not saying goodbye worked out! God is good!

No comments: