Saturday, July 19, 2008

HEY ALL

So its the weekend here and we are chillin in town. Dont see much of town usually so this is nice. I am here with two other americans and no malawian... getting confident in my chichewa and my ability to say no i dont want to by that and NO i dont have money!
This last week has been crazy RAD (there ya go goon!). I got to hold a 2week old baby on my back! it was really scary. My favorite kid Krissy hungout with me a lot so thats nice. I love walking in to mgwei the village behind my compound! most of the kids know my name and yell it from afar. Usually krissy comes running into my arms yelling my name. I love it! krissy's mom kitty invited me to dinner at her house and i couldnt go... but maybe later.
I am officiallly a pro at holding water on my head!
Hmm other then that still having stomach issues... mom you may get an email next week about making me a doc apt. This is so annoying.
The weather is back to sunshine!! Sunshine, Africa, fun people, great kids, God! throw some rugby and ruggers in there and i am set!
Still loving it and the kids and everything.
blessings
sami

4 comments:

M and H said...

Sam!

Love from Seattle! Plans are heating up to the boiling point for the August ocean trip for Papa's birthday... It is going to be a busy and excellent weekend, I suspect. You are in our thoughts and prayers, from your water-bearing head to your flip-flopped toes! Hoping that your stomach starts behaving so that you can better enjoy the time in this Africa that is so rich and so impoverished. Continue to share your genuine heart, as that is your most beautiful gift.
Much love to you!

Auntie M and Had

gram said...

Hi Honey,
Don't know if you got my last e-mail thing I think it went to the Riggers thing. I am convinced I am way to old to figure all this out.
I played golf at Kent with your mom and Nic, twas fun.
I really am sorry you spend so much of your time with your stomach and etc. I think you are right you do need to get it checked out.
I doubt very much that I could carry water on my head so glad someone learned how and the fact that you can make people understand you in a foreign land only proves how smart you are.
I am psround of all you do.
God be with you,
Gram

Unknown said...

Missing you so much...
You're saving hearts and we're saving another dog...
I don't know what it is besides mutt and she's as ugly as they come but... she was on her way to the pound so... we have #4. I may send a picture but it's pretty bad (fits right in). We just booked our flights for Seattle 8/21.

Thinking of you each day wondering how you're feeling and what you're doing. We all love you so much and admire your dedication to the kids. Keep spreading your love.

Dad

Kathleen Allen said...

Hi kid! I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better! What a scary experience to be so far away from home and so sick! Your descriptions sound fantastic. Are you taking lots of pictures? Riley starts his painting job this week for the rest of the summer and Quinn is fully certified at Starbucks! Summer is rolling right along! Love to you! GDRQ