Thursday, July 31, 2008

scandals in africa

ok so now you have your hopes up that i will leave some scandal here... well in africa its a bit different.... i folded my chitingi up so it hit just below my knees and pulled my shirts down over the top. every malawian women was pulling at it and having a fit..
ok so a chitingi is something like a sarong and you wrap it over your skirt so that you dont get your skirt dirty while working. i guess you are supposed to wrap it high on your waist and tuck your shirt in. anyways it was the scandal of the neighborhood. i know i know i am a rebel.  
lets see what else.  I have been invited to dinner by another family so hopefully i can find a translator and go.  

House visits
momma jenna had us mud an entire wall today. I did so while be pestered by one of my favorite kids, mava, mother.  she was drunk and telling me good job over and over while shoving mud in my face and telling me in chichewa how to fix it... all the while she said good job. i dont know crazy is all i can say!  this sunday i am going to catholic mass with momma jenna and family and i cant wait.  

mgwyei
yes i spell that different everytime!  monday i got to hold the newborn baby... his name is kidd or christopher and it was so great! the mom dropped the baby at my house visit with me tuesday and told me i could bring it back on the way home... funny!


Other news
Missing everyone a lot. Thought I could move here… though I can I would need to move with atleast one close friend and change my phone to have international texting. Not communicating and yes Candace texting is driving me crazy. Love it here though but missing home and at this time of the year Alaska Camp, creation YMP and all my crazy summer events

BABIES!
I get to see you soon and I still really miss you. I have your pictures up all around my bunk bed and look at them all the time. Sometimes I play the dolphin song just because you like it so much! I hear you have been taking care of salma and I thank you so so much. Please come to the airport I wont be able to wait one minute longer to see you! Love you so so so so much! Send me an email ok!

Hmmm I think that’s about all I have to add… other then if KAISA reads this… I miss you and hope you and fam are doing well this week. I know I talked to you but really I love you and am thinking and praying for you!

No comments: