Tuesday, July 22, 2008

weeks come and go

well we are cruzing through weeks here and i love it more each day. Today was good rather short. Went to visit momma jenna and couldnt stay to long as it was parent day at school and she had to go to class.  Did wash some clothes though.  Prayer in need for the youngest child, a boy named precious, he is pretty dang sick... possibly malaria.  I am told they get it about once a year here but its no good for young kids.  He is maybe six and in standard one (grade one).  The whole family could use prayer as food is low and they are trying to build a new house because the one they are in... well i am not sure i think they out grew it because they took in a child.  in any sense keep them in your prayers.
At muzu today my little girl jennifer looked pretty sick most of the time.  She looked pretty weak so keep her in your prayers.  At the end she gave me a smile and ran around which was good to see.  But looking from her to her sister i could tell she wasnt totally healthy.  The kids at muzu have stomachs bloated from starvation and its super sad.  The other villages have similar problems but its worse here.

COMMENTS
yep gram i am able to see the comments you have left!  it makes my day so keep leaving them!

BABIES!
i miss you so so much... are you coming to the airport to get me when i get home with kendall... you should come and have kendall go by taco del mar!! Hint hint  But i do love you lots and cant wait to see your little faces and to kick your butt for wearing make up!!! :)  also have kendall send me a message so i know how everyone is doing... including salma!!! i am sure your having a good time dragging her around like a toy liah!

hmmm... what else to say.  the sky is beautiful... saw a red moon the other night!   I loved walking over to mgwei and having my name chanted once again.  I think they think of me as the crazy azungu (that means white person) as i pretty much run about really willing to make a fool out of myself for them!
Got invited to dinner again... and another marriage proposal. I am just racking up those!  
ok i think thats it i need to get to bed... blarg!
miss you all and love it here!  cant wait to show pics to you all!  thanks again to all my supporters!

love you
sami

4 comments:

Alison said...

ha, marriage proposals huh? you didn't mention that before! :) keep having great adventures and take care.

Unknown said...

Just e-mailed with you and twas fun. Not sure what happened but I did not hang up honest.
Things are coming along here at the cabin slowly but in a year or two who knows.
I am sorry to hear about the little kids I know it breaks ones heart somehow it all seems so unfair.
Your know I really hate it when you are sick but perhaps doing what you really love is what is important. I know you can handle it as you have done all your life.
Prayers, Gram

Kendall said...

hey sweetie i am sorry i missed you. i just got back from seeing tom in barstow california. it waas nice to see him but 116 is too hot for me. i may go see him in san diego. things here are about the same aubrie is going to bible camp and her performance is tonight i will take some pics for you. liah is bossy as ever and proud of it. salma is doing good and liah spends alot of time her. well i miss you and love you lots and i will try and bring the girls with me and i get the hint about taco del mar
love you
mom

Verrückt said...

marriage proposals! hehe